The Youth Project can provide chest binders and gaffs to youth (aged 25 and under) in need. With your binder or gaff, you’ll receive a sheet with wear & care instructions.
We accept donations of gently used binders. If you have a binder you no longer need, please contact email@example.com or drop it off at our office at 2281 Brunswick St.
To qualify, you are…
- A transgender youth aged 25 or younger
- Living in Nova Scotia
- Unable to purchase the item on your own
E-mail your order to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name to be written on the envelope
- Binder or Gaff size and style (example: Medium Short Binder, 3-XL Long Binder, Large Gaff)
- Address of the item is to be mailed: Street Address, Apartment # (if applicable), City/Town, Province, Postal Code.
- Orders with incomplete information will need to be followed up on, and will take longer to send
- Orders are sent in regular manila or white postal envelopes, with only a return address of the YP
- Please ensure the name you provide is safe to receive mail under.
- If you do not know your required size, please check out the sizing information below.
- If emailing an order isn’t possible, you can call the office (902-429-5429) and we’ll help you with ordering!
Gaff Sizes, Wear and Care information sheet
Safer Tucking Brochure
Binder Size & Measuring Chart
Safer Binding Brochure
Binder Wear & Care Sheet
If there is more demand than we can supply, we will maintain a wait list until a binder or gaff of your needed size is in.
If you are able to purchase a binder or gaff, you can do so locally in Halifax at Venus Envy.
For binders, you can also purchase them via the online retailers Underworks or GC2B.
For gaffs, they are available online at TheBreastFormStore; please note this is a more adult-focused website for gender performance, the gaff selection is also what’s available locally at Venus Envy.
If you are seeking children’s sized gaffs, check out LeoLines or TuckBuddies